VIPediatrics of Las Vegas
Pediatrician located in Las Vegas, NV
ADHD is a behavioral disorder that can be disruptive to day-to-day life. Seema Sharma, MD offers treatment options for ADHD at VIPediatrics of Las Vegas for those in and around the west side of Las Vegas, Nevada and surrounding areas.
ADHD and Behavioral Issues Q & A
How is ADHD diagnosed?
Even if your child may have some symptoms that appear to be ADHD, it might be something else, which is why you need a doctor’s professional opinion. Diagnosing ADHD is a process that involves several steps including gathering a lot of information from multiple sources. You and your physician will discuss any current symptoms your child may be showing. Then you will talk about your family’s psychiatric history to determine if any immediate family members have shown signs of ADHD. The doctor may give your child a physical exam, take a medical history, and may even give him a noninvasive brain scan.
What are common symptoms of ADHD?
Some of the symptoms of ADHD can include chronic inattention, distraction, and disorganization that harm your ability to function at school or at home. Children with ADHD show signs of inattention, hyperactivity, and/or impulsivity in specific ways. These children:
- Are in constant motion
- Squirm and fidget
- Do not seem to listen
- Have trouble playing quietly
- Often talk excessively
- Interrupt or intrude on others
- Are easily distracted
- Do not finish tasks
What are the three types of ADHD in Children?
Doctors may classify symptoms as the following types of ADHD:
• Combined type (inattentive/hyperactive/impulsive). This is the most common form of ADHD. Children with this type of ADHD show symptoms of inattentive, hyperactive, and impulsive behavior.
• Hyperactive/impulsive type. Children show both hyperactive and impulsive behavior, but for the most part, they can pay attention.
• Inattentive type. Formerly called attention deficit disorder (ADD). These children are not overly active. They do not disrupt the classroom or other activities, so their symptoms might not be noticed.
Contact VIPediatrics of Las Vegas to find out more about how Dr. Sharma can help your child with ADHD.
We accept the following insurance providers, and many more. Please contact the office for any questions regarding insurance.
Words from our patients
"This place is definitely the gold mine of pediatrics! If your looking, seriously give them the consideration."
"Dr. Sharma is amazing with kids. She explains everything in detail and gives very good advice."
"Dr. Sharma has been (seeing) my two girls (9 years old and 4 years old) Pediatrician since birth. She's is very knowledgeable, friendly and comfortable to talk to.."